Skip to main content

Avila University Archives

Materials in this collection relate to the history of Avila University. These materials form part of the Avila University Archives housed within the Martha Smith, CSJ, Archives and Research Center located in the Hooley-Bundschu Library at Avila University. Avila University is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. The roots of Avila’s history date back to the mid 1800's when the Sisters of St. Joseph arrived in the United States from France. Their mission has been to work for the dear neighbor and Avila has continued this tradition in its mission and values. Avila University was first known as St. Teresa’s College when it was founded as a two year junior college for women in 1916. In 1940 the name was changed to the College of St. Teresa when it became a four year college. In 1963 when the college moved to its new campus location and separated from the academy, the name was changed to Avila College and in 1969 it became co-educational. The college obtained university status in 2002 and is now Avila University.

1
RESULTS
rss


PART OF
American Libraries
Media Type
1
texts
Year
1
1967
Topics & Subjects
1
Avila College
1
Avila University
1
College of St. Teresa
1
College yearbooks
1
Kansas City (Mo.)
1
St. Teresa’s College
More right-solid
Collection
More right-solid
Creator
1
avila university
Language
1
English
SHOW DETAILS
up-solid down-solid
eye
Title
Date Published
Creator
Avila University Archives
by Avila University
texts
eye 277
favorite 1
comment 0
Avila University, formerly the College of St. Teresa, began publishing yearbooks sporadically under the Windmoor title until 1959. The Erica yearbook was issued in 1966 only and from 1967-1969 the yearbook was called the Collage. The Avila Anthem was published from 1987-1989.
Topics: Avila University, Avila College, College of St. Teresa, St. Teresa’s College, College yearbooks,...